Looking for an easy and kid-friendly soup recipe? Look no further than this summer squash soup recipe! Made with simple ingredients and easy to follow instructions, this soup is perfect for a hot summer day. Not to mention, it’s packed with nutrients and vitamins that your kids will love. So give this easy summer squash soup recipe a try today and enjoy the good weather!
While the scorching summers are almost here, all mummies must be on a lookout for some cool breezing recipes to keep their kids healthy and cool.
How about an easy Summer Squash Soup?
The delicate flavor, soft shell and creamy white flesh of summer squash is a perfect addition to any summer meal and when you serve this to your kid as soup, you can be happy for the great tasty and healthy combo all in one recipe.
Today I shall share two easy recipes of Summer Squash Soup, that you can serve to your kid and see him/her savoring this yummy soup.
Summer Squash Soup Recipe For Kids
Summer Squash Soup – Recipe 1
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds summer squash, sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth (depending on desired thickness)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook, stirring often, until just fragrant. Add the garlic and onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Now add sliced squash and cook until just softened, this will take around 10 minutes.
- Add curry powder and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, using a hand-blender or traditional blender, puree it and allow it to cool.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with flat parsley or cilantro
Summer Squash Soup – Recipe 2
- 4 Medium Yellow Squash
- 2 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- Sour Cream
- Peel and cut yellow squash, potatoes, and onion.
- Sauté until soft.
- Now puree them in batches in your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a big mixing bowl through a fine mesh sieve, so as to separate any unblended chunks.
- Add buttermilk to it in the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate it for an hour so as to get a chilled summer soup. Alternatively you can also serve it warm.
- Garnish with Parmesan and a dollop of sour cream.
These were the two easy and yummy summer squash recipes. Try these out and let us know how they turned not. Not just your kid, but you too can enjoy these delicious soups.
Looking for a delicious and easy summer squash soup recipe for kids? Look no further! This soup is perfect for those hot summer days, and it is easy to make – even for kids! By following the steps outlined in this blog, you can create a delicious and nutritious soup that your family will love. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or something to keep you cool and comfortable during summer weather, this squash soup recipe is perfect for you. Let us know in the comments what you think of this easy summer squash soup recipe – we would love to hear your feedback!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the origin of squash soup?
In African cuisine, squash soup is a type of soup. It is a component of Northern African cuisine as well as the cuisines of Namibia and Mozambique, both of which are in Southern Africa. Squash soup is a common ingredient in numerous cuisines and is offered in other nations as well.
What is squash soup made of?
There are only six ingredients in this straightforward and creamy squash soup: squash, onion, olive oil, milk, and toasted walnuts. I always use this soup recipe!
What is the nutrition of squash soup?
Given that the main ingredient in butternut squash soup is squash, which is high in vitamins, minerals, fibre, and antioxidants and low in calories, the dish is incredibly healthful. 294 calories, 7 grammes of protein, 6 grammes of fat, and 62 grammes of carbohydrates make up one serving of soup.