If you’re pregnant, you know that preparing for the arrival of your little one is a top priority. But what about when the baby is already here, and you’re just trying to get them on the right track? Here are some delicious food recipes that will help your 8-month-old baby grow and develop healthy eating habits. From breakfast to dinner, these recipes will keep your little one full and happy!
Your baby reached 8 months and so you must be planning to start feeding her. You can start with pureed solids but make it nutritious at the same time. Here are few ideas you may like to try for your baby.
Food Recipes For 8 Months Old Babies
- 3 large apples
- Butter (optional)
- Brown sugar and raisins(optional)
- Core the three apples but don’t peel it.
- Carefully wipe the center inside of it with some butter if you want else just add few drops of water. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder which is also optional but preferred for taste.
- Sprinkle raisins and some brown sugar if your baby likes this taste.
- Place it in a baking pan and add water up to a 2” to it and cover with foil.
- Bake it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or till it becomes tender and the fruit begins to bubble.
- Once baked let it cool down and mash it.
- 1 Tub of whole yogurt
- Fruits and vegetables puree
- Mix all the ingredients and freeze it for some time. Take it out and feed it to your baby.
- 2 Tablespoons of porridge oats
- Banana puree
- Take the oats and milk in a bowl and microwave for two minutes on a high setting. Let it thicken by leaving for 2 minutes.
- Once it has the right consistency, add banana puree and stir well.
Sweet Potato and Peach Mash:
- 1 Peeled and diced sweet potato
- 2 Cubed ripe peaches
- Cinnamon or ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and add peaches and sweet potatoes to a baking dish along with water enough to cover the slices.
- A pinch of ginger or cinnamon powder is enough to sprinkle over it. Stir well and cover with foil.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or till it turns tender and check the water level.
- Once baked, transfer the food to a bowl and let it cool down.
- Mash it well and feed it to your baby. You can also add some yogurt to it to make it delicious.
Cottage Cheese Peas Mash
- Frozen peas
- Low salt cottage cheese
- Take frozen peas and cheese in equal quantities.
- Cook peas till it becomes tender; mix and mash the ingredients.
Apple and Carrot Mash:
- 4 Peeled carrots
- 2 Apples
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Olive oil
- Peel and dice carrots and apples and sprinkle some cinnamon powder and olive oil over it. Mix them well.
- Take it in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes or till it turns tender.
- Keep it aside to let it cool down and puree it adding some water. You can also freeze it and feed it to your baby.
Sweet Potato Scramble:
- ½ cup sweet potato puree
- 1 Egg white
- Butter or olive oil
- Pinch of pepper
- Take a skillet and warm some butter or olive oil in it.
- Mix egg white and potato puree in a bowl and whisk it.
- Add this to the skillet and scramble using a wooden spoon. Puree it and then feed it to your baby.
Apple and Pumpkin Mash:
- 1 Cup peeled and dice pumpkin
- 2 Cups apples peeled and diced.
- 1 Cup water
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Take a saucepan and mix these ingredients. Do this over low flame till it turns tender.
- Let it cool down and then mash it. Give it to your baby as finger food.
We have brought you some of the best recipes for 8 months old babies. So, get started with preparing these delicacies food recipes and keep them healthy as well! We bet that your baby will love every food you make.
Do share your experiences in the comments section down below and we will get back to you soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the importance of food recipes?
Back of the house crew is trained using recipes. Consistency in the preparation of menu items is provided through recipes. Recipes help to control food costs. The front of the house personnel can use recipes as a sales technique and to assist customers with dietary restrictions and food allergies.
What food can be given to 8 months baby?
You might want to start introducing foods that are a little bit coarser than strained pureed foods at around eight months. Compared to infant foods, they require greater chewing. You can add softer foods like yoghurt, oatmeal, mashed bananas, mashed potatoes, or even thicker or lumpier pureed veggies to your baby’s diet.
How many meals should a 8 month old baby have?
Your infant will eventually transition to eating three meals every day (breakfast, lunch and tea). It’s crucial to provide a wide variety of foods to make sure they get enough energy and minerals (such as iron).