As a parent, it can be challenging to come up with new and exciting meal ideas for your little ones, especially when they’re picky eaters. But fear not, because we’ve got you covered with five cheesy food ideas that are sure to please even the fussiest of toddlers.
From cheesy quesadillas to mac and cheese muffins, these recipes are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients that your child needs to grow and thrive. So put on your apron and get ready to whip up some cheesy goodness that’ll have your toddler asking for seconds (and thirds!).
Mommies are always seen struggling for serving healthy food to their kids, but the kids fall more for the junk foods and keep finding ways to avoid veggies and nutritious food. Out of all the food choices of toddlers, there is one popular food called as CHEESE.
Kids love cheese and mommies you can be happy for this choice. Cheese is filled with nutrition and if cooked in a healthy recipe this can prove to be a very nutritious food.
Toss out the junk food and start making some cheese filled cheesy snacks for your toddlers.
5 Cheesy Food Ideas For Toddlers
Today I shall share 5 yummy Cheesy food ideas for toddlers. Come have a look:
Macaroni Cheese with Hidden Veggie Sauce
This is perfect for the fussiest of toddlers, hiding nutritious cauliflower or broccoli in cheesy creamy sauce is a brilliant idea.
- 2 heaped tablespoons butter
- 2 heaped tablespoons plain flour
- 500 ml milk
- 100-200g grated cheddar cheese
- Half a head of cauliflower (approx two handfuls of cauliflower florets)
- A quarter of a head of broccoli (approx one handful of broccoli florets)
- 50 gm of boiled pasta or macaroni.
- Salt and pepper as per taste.
- Chop the broccoli & cauliflower and boil until tender.
- On other stove put two tablespoons of butter into a pan over a medium heat until it is melted.
- Remove the butter from the heat and stir in two heaped tablespoons plain flour and mix well to form a roux.
- Add 500 ml of milk and put back over a medium heat. Keep stirring the sauce until the milk has heated up and the roux has melted into the milk to give a thicker white sauce.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the grated cheddar cheese. Stir continuously until the cheese melts.
- Now take the tender veggies and add to the pan of cheese sauce. Blend all of these until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Taste and season if needed.
- Pour sauce over pasta or macaroni.
- Serve as it or pop in the oven until golden on top.
- You could also add some chopped chicken, bacon or other veggies like tomatoes.
- The sauce freezes and reheats perfectly for next use, so extra sauce can be refrigerated.
Cheesy Food Ideas-Cheesy Cauliflower Boats
This is quite a unique idea to serve nutritious cauliflower to toddlers.
- Cheesy White Sauce (you can refer the first recipe for the cheesy sauce recipe).
- 4 Blanched and baked Potatoes.
- 2 cups chopped Cauliflower florets, steamed.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sliced Carrots (optional)
- Scrub and clean potatoes. Peel the potatoes and blanch them.
- Now pierce the blanched potatoes with a fork, brush over olive oil and bake in an oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Steam the cauliflower florets until tender.
- Now slice the baked potatoes into two equal halves and scoop the potatoes from the centre to give a boat like structure.
- In a mixing bowl mix the cauliflower, scooped out potato flesh and pour over hot white sauce. Mix again.
- Now fill the potato boats with the cheesy cauliflower. Add sliced carrots for dippings.
Quesadillas are easy to make and are a nutritional punch.
- 2 large tortillas, any variety
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (you can use any cheese).
- Some chopped veggies.
- Butter or Margarine
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is getting heated, lightly spread the butter or margarine on one side of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the cheese and veggies of your preference on top of the non-buttered side of the tortilla.
- Now cover with the second tortilla so both buttered sides are facing outwards.
- Carefully put the quesadilla into the pan/skillet.
- Cook until the tortilla turns lightly brown and then flip over.
- Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately on a plate and cut into four wedges. You can serve with sour cream or salsa sauce.
Tip: Any proteins you add to the quesadilla should be fully cooked before you add it in the quesadilla.
These are very easy to make for lunch and are toddlers’ favorites.
- Puff pastry dough
- Grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Some Finely Chopped and grated veggies like cabbage, carrots.
- Mix all the veggies and cheese together with some salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough and cut into squares
- Now place the grated cheese and vegetable mixture in the middle of the puff pastry dough.
- Fold up into triangles and press the edges together.
- Bake the filled puff rolled into the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Serve hot.
- 100 gm mature grated cheddar cheese
- 100 gm plain flour
- 100 gm soft butter
- Mix all the ingredients together to form dough. If the dough is too dry and not sticking together then you can add a little water.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/2 cm deep and using any small shaped cutter, cut out different shapes.
- Bake it in the oven 180 degree for about 15-20 minutes or until golden color.
- Cool on a wire rack
- You can experiment with various other cheese types.
- You can also add some caramelized onions.
So these were some yummy cheesy food ideas recipes for toddlers. I hope you try these out soon. Do not forget to tell us how you like these.
Introducing cheese into your toddler’s diet can be a great way to add some extra protein and calcium, as well as introduce them to new flavors and textures. From mac and cheese to cheesy quesadillas, there are plenty of fun and tasty cheesy food ideas that your little ones will love. So why not give these recipes a try and let us know in the comments which ones were a hit with your toddler? We’d love to hear about your cheesy culinary adventures!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which cheese is most famous?
The most popular cheese in the world is mozzarella. Popular dishes like pizza, pasta, lasagna, sandwiches, etc. use it. Its origins are in southern Italy, and the traditional recipe calls for buffalo milk.
What are 3 good cheeses?
Winners include the cheeses gouda, muenster, gruyere, butterkäse, and cheddar jack. supple cheeses. Spreadable cheeses like brie, burrata, stracchino, and mascarpone are excellent choices.
Which cheese is popular in India?
Paneer. With a soft and crumbly texture, paneer is a moist fresh cheese prepared from pasteurised cow’s milk or water buffalo’s milk.