Brown rice is a delicious and nutritious option that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages. In this blog post, we’ll provide 5 delicious brown rice recipes that are perfect for kids of all ages. We’ll discuss the nutritional benefits of brown rice and how to cook it perfectly so that it’s delicious and nutritious. We hope you enjoy this post and find some new recipes to try!
Brown rice is a healthier choice for your baby. It is not plain starch. Brown rice contains fibre, selenium, phosphorus, vitamins B1, B3, B6, iron and manganese.
5 Brown Rice Recipes For Kids
Here are some Brown Rice Recipes For Kids that you can try-
Brown Rice Pizza
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crumbled oregano
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mix vegetables for topping (chopped green pepper, chopped onion, diced pepperoni etc.)
- Stir together the cooked rice, 1/2 cup mozzarella and beaten eggs in a bowl.
- Spread the rice mixture evenly onto a greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 200°C for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle the rice crust with 1 cup mozzarella.
- Take spaghetti sauce in abowl and add in tomatoes and oregano. Mix well. Spread this sauce on the crust over cheese.
- Spread the mix vegetables over the sauce and cover with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake again for 15-20 minutes.
Brown Rice with Soy Chunks
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup soy chunks
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 cardamom
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Paste of 3 garlic cloves
- Soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Take soy chunks and 1 cup water in a pressure cooker and add salt. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cardamom..
- Add onions, garlic paste and saute till the onion turn golden.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, green peas, tomatoes, soy chunks and salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Soy brown rice is ready.
Brown rice pudding
- 1/4 cupcooked brown rice
- 2 dried apricots
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 1/2 small, ripe banana
- Nutmeg powder, a pinch
- Soak the apricots in water for around an hour.
- Take all the ingredients in a blender jar and blend till smooth.
- Brown rice pudding is ready.
Brown Rice with Red Lentil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup dried red lentils
- 1/3 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
- Take all ingredients in a saucepan. Cover and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes till the rice is cooked.
- Take out in a bowl and serve.
Brown Rice with Mushroom
- 2 cups finely chopped fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup brinjal cubes
- 1/2 cup surti papdi seeds (fresh vaal seeds)
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the ginger, garlic, and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, mushrooms, tomatoes, brinjal cubes, surti papadi seeds. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add brown rice, 2¼ cups of hot water and salt.
- Mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- When the pressure escapes on its own, open the lid.
- Serve after garnishing with cilantro.
Healthy and delicious brown rice recipes are a great way to get your kids excited about food and cooking. By providing them with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, you can help them learn how to prepare delicious and nutritious meals that will keep them full and satisfied. If you’re looking for some fun and easy recipes that your kids will love, be sure to check out our collection of brown rice recipes. We hope you enjoy them!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it difficult to cook brown rice?
The entire grain, including the fibrous bran, germ, and endosperm, is present in brown rice. Brown rice takes longer to cook (nearly twice as long as white rice) and has a more chewy texture since the bran is still present.
What makes brown rice taste better?
My greatest advice for making tasty brown rice is to simply substitute a high-quality stock or broth for the water. Brown rice can be easily seasoned as it cooks with chicken, beef, vegetable, or any other broth or stock.
Why is brown rice better than white?
In general, brown rice is more nutrient-dense than white rice. It contains more fibre, magnesium, and other nutrients than white rice, which is artificially enhanced with nutrients. Speak with your nutritionist if you want to include rice in your diet but are unsure if it is healthy for you.