As expectant mothers, you surely know all about the many benefits of being pregnant. But did you know that being pregnant also has some great benefits for your health in general? Here are 11 amazing perks of being pregnant that will make your life easier and better overall.
Before I bid adieu to the most amazing experience of my life, I really want to do this post. Inspite of going through all the morning sickness, fatigue and reduction in productivity, I never even doubted my decision of getting pregnant at this age. The reason being – when I was diagnosed with PCOS, I was really worried about pregnancy – I dreaded the long wait and treatment and wanted to be healthy and pregnant as soon as possible. In fact, whenever I used to see/meet my friends who have babies or were expecting, it used to even strengthen my desire. Besides this, there are a lot of benefits which I’d like to put in front of you –
Thas me in my end trimester :D..aah! i look like a burger
1. First of all, the moment you are pregnant, attitude of people around you changes a lot. Suddenly, they’re very concerned about you and express even more joy and excitement (especially the elderly) towards your pregnancy, than even yourself.
2. Having struggled with keeping weight under control sofar in my life, it was the first time my doctor actually asked me ‘Why am I not gaining weight :)’ … I could enjoy eating all my favorite dishes without guilt, which still did not increase my weight … ah heaven ! What else does a foodie ask for?
3. You can express anything to anyone you don’t like, and then term it as mood swing … I myself did this couple of times and was forgiven immediately, which is impossible to do otherwise.
4. I enjoyed the endless cribbing which everyone around me listened, without getting bored, and tried to pacify my slightest of worries.
5. As my bump got apparent, I started getting special preference in public places – for instance people offering chairs in a busy restaurant or allowing me to by pass a long queue. As time passed, I myself started asking for getting my task done out of turn, asap.
6. Even at 2 am in night, you can ask your hubby for foot massage, head massage, shoulder massage – and you’ll get ‘em all without the least sign of annoyance. (I’m sure it is there deep inside, but just can’t come out this time :D)
7. The second trimester is the best, when you’ve minimum health problems, your skin is glowing, and people start congratulating you for your bump, and you’re also more confident about your pregnancy (lesser chances of miscarriage), and is the only period during pregnancy when you can get slightly intimate with your partner comfortably
8. The first sensation of butterflies in your tummy, the first kick, the first movements – which only you in the world can feel, while your hubby can only hear / guess from your expressions – makes you feel awesome and really blessed being a woman!
9. Welcome to lazy woman world – you can skip your office / your work, you can doze off any time and no one will stop you or question you :).
10. Is it a Boy or a Girl – The Pink(y) or the Blue(Billoo) – the urge to ask the doctor about it makes you go crazy, you keep on thinking of it whole your pregnancy. In fact, I’m just a few days due, I still wanna know right now, what it is
11.Not to forget surprise gifts and baby shower which gives that special feeling
Now that I’m waiting for the baby to arrive, I’m surely going to miss the undue attention around me. My friends say I’ll even miss the bump, even when I have the baby itself in my hands. I’ll miss the kicks and all the free time which I spent with my husband, knowing fully that now on, it’s going to be the 3 (and not 2) of us
Many times, women feel shy about telling their partners that they’re pregnant. But it is time to break the silence and make them understand all the benefits of being pregnant.
We have also put together an article on 11 Awesome Benefits of Being Pregnant so you can share it with your loved ones instead!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of getting pregnant?
Taking pleasure in comfortable clothing, being able to change plans, having others give up their seats for you, reminders of what matters most in life, feeling your baby move, feeling in control of your body, some physical conditions may get better, lush hair, and that pregnancy glow.
Which is most important during pregnancy?
Folic acid before and during pregnancy
Is it good to have pregnancy?
Consume a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy products with low or no fat, and protein-rich foods. Select products that include fewer added sugars, saturated fats, and sodium (salt). Avoid meals like cookies, white bread, and several snack foods that include refined grains and carbohydrates.